Premature? ..Perhaps, but once you fix yourself up a piping cup of joe laden with this chocolatey minty goodness, you’ll thank me.
But Coffee Isn’t really Paleo
Technically, no…it isn’t.
But if you’re like me and decided to spare your children and family the displeasure of an UN-caffeinated version of yourself, this creamer allows you to delight in those cherished holiday treats you look forward to once November comes along.
Coffee is one of those things (like chocolate, wine and raw dairy) that is left to your own convictions — a bit of a grey area. Personally, I love coffee and benefit greatly from my morning cup
What in the World is a MochaNut?
Yea, it’s not really a ‘thing’. I just like compound words, and stuff.
This creamer is made from a mix of full fat coconut milk, raw cocoa powder and pure maple syrup (along with some other minty goodness).
It’s definitely an indulgence, and like all sweets, should be consumed in moderation when following a paleo diet.
**Disclaimer** Because this creamer is made from full fat coconut milk and cocoa powder, it will not change the color of your coffee (unless you use A LOT)… BUT the flavor results in a creamy, minty explosion of all kinds of awesome — so we’re still good.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Raw Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Raw Honey (to taste -- if you like it sweeter) *optional
- 1/2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 C Full Fat Coconut Milk
- In saucepan over medium heat mix cocoa, maple syrup, honey(Optional) and coconut milk until combined. Remove from heat and mix in peppermint and vanilla extracts. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Store in airtight glass jar in refrigerator and use within 1 week.
- **Shake well before using**
- Creamer will be thicker than traditional coffee creamer